We are looking for new members!
If you have served at least one day of active military duty since December 7, 1941 and were honorably discharged or you are still serving active military duty honorably, you are eligible for membership with The American Legion.
Whether you live in Locust Valley or within a half hour drive of our Post, even if you’re already a member of another veteran’s organization, we encourage you to think about joining our post.
In addition to the benefits too numerous to mention in Our Services, an immediate benefit included in your $36 annual dues is a twice-monthly meeting (one business and one social meeting), and always includes dinner. Family members are always welcome at our monthly social meeting. Our membership is a true cross section of our community.
All are welcome and we especially look forward to welcoming a new generation of members, who served during the Iraq and Afghanistan periods, who can carry on our tradition of community service.
Please contact us today by email or phone: (516) 261-4500 or email (click link): email@example.com.
- We provide scholarships every year to local students.
Our Events and Services
- We organize and manage our Locust Valley annual Memorial Day parade.
- We have guest speakers providing information and guidance about VA health benefits, tax benefits, etc.
- We have classes for CPR and life skills.
- We support our local community charitable organizations and local and Long Island veterans, etc.
Honoring our Veterans
- We provide and place new American flags, yearly, on veteran’s graves in local cemeteries.
- We provide and decorate the village streets with over 80 American flags twice a year – Memorial Day and Veterans Day.
- We visit and provide funds for hospitalized veterans in the Northport Veterans Administration Hospital, etc.